Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Less shoes - less injury

After reading a good article by Matt Fitzgerald in Triathlete magazine about injury prevention associated with running in more minimal shoes - I have taken to a quest to give it a try. I've been messing around with a pair of the adidas adizero Mana for a few weeks now. I've had some really great training runs in them. There is a psychological angle to a lesser shoe too, it just makes you feel quicker with a lower profile, more flexible shoe underfoot.

So I'm going to give the lesser shoe thing a try full tilt. Since I'm on my feet all day (well for 7 to 8 hours), I'm going to do the minimal thing during the day too. I grabbed a pair of adidas adizero RC to wear around the store.

I need to see if Nike has any more of the free 3.0 left as this is something I'd like to get back into for some runs. When they first came out I did some runs in them, but the footbed slid out the back of the shoe while running - pretty annoying - so I cut them out of the rotation as a trainer.

So - today 6 miles easy with the Manas and RCs all day in the shop. The lags are feeling fine - or as well is expected.

Run Fast!

No comments: